We want your home to look great! Take a look around the home like never before and notice things that are out of place or cluttered. Personal items like family pictures, knick knacks, etc., should be packed away by now. LESS is BEST.
- Before the photographer arrives, please OPEN all blinds, turn ON all lights, and turn OFF all fans.
- Secure pets.
- If you are home when I arrive, I will do a short walk through of the home with you and ask you what you think are the home’s best features- like huge yard, new appliances, large pantry, etc.
- If there is a closet you want highlighted, please make sure it is straightened and cleaned!
Garage - Load it up!! It's OK!
- Start packing and neatly store all boxes in garage. You are moving and people expect to see boxes. The garage is the best option unless you want to rent a storage unit. Store extra furniture or bulky items that make room appear small.
- Please have cars out of the driveway and parked somewhere other than in the front of the house.
- General yard work: trim overgrown plants, rake leaves, add fresh mulch, mow and edge.
- General clean up: Arrange furniture, put away toys, sweep patio, deck and walkway, if needed.
- Hide trash cans and roll up garden hoses
- Close Garage Doors
- Ensure that trash cans are out of sight
- Cars should not be parked in the driveway
- Switch on porch lights (but not flood lights), especially for twilight photography
- Blinds or curtains should be drawn/open
- Remove fallen tree limbs and branches from lawn and driveway
- Ensure that missing shutters are replaced
- Make sure toys are put away and out of sight.
- Put away shoes, especially in the entry area.
- Clean any French doors or glass front and back doors.
- Clean windows that are streaked or dirty.
- If you have a pet, make sure the dishes, litter box and crate are hidden if possible.
- Replace burned out light bulbs.
- Hide paper stacks, bills, mail, or magazines.
- Hide trash cans
- Open all blinds and drapes to let the light in
- Stow away personal items such as iPads, books, magazines, toys, etc.
- Remove items such as dog/pet beds
- Switch off ceiling fans and ceiling fan light
- Hide the power cords for any electrical items
- Replace all burnt-out light bulbs in all light fixtures
- LESS IS BEST: Remove items from counters - dish towels, food, dishes, small appliances, etc.
- Put away dishes.
- Make sure table is cleared and push in chairs around table
- Remove trash cans from view
- Remove loose items from counter tops
- Remove pictures magnets from refrigerator door
- Set or place a centerpiece on kitchen table
- Make sure sink is clean and free of dishes, sponges, etc.
- Switch on stove light
- Put away laundry, toys, and straighten desks
- Make sure beds are neatly made
- Items under bed should be out of view
- Laundry baskets should not be visible
- Remove personal items from view, especially on dresser and nightstand
- Light fireplace
- Remove personal items such as soaps, toothbrushes, brushes and combs, etc.
- Put toilet seats down.
- Hang towels neatly on pegs or towel bars, but not over shower rod.
- Clean off counters. Leave nothing except decorative items and a hand towel.
- Clean shower- no shampoo bottles, face cloths, etc.
- Remove trash cans
- Remove cleaning instruments
- Remove rugs and floor mats
- Ensure that towels are fresh and presented properly
- Minimize the space (LESS IS BEST) by leaving only essential furniture
- Put away rugs to show off hardwood floors
- Straighten furniture and throw pillows.
- If there is a fireplace, light it
- Stow away television remote controls and personal items
- Place several books or magazines on coffee table or end table
- Arrange pillows on the sofa and other seating areas
- Set table or place a centerpiece
- If equipped, switch on light in china cabinet
- Straighten chairs
- Open curtains and let light in
- Make it look as if you were having guests over for dinner
- A nicely decorated dining room is inviting
- Arrange furniture, including cushions, pillows, etc.
- If there is an umbrella, open it
- Remove grill covers; hide propane tanks
- Blow away or rake leaves, cut the lawn, prune and trim shrubbery
- Stow away toys, etc.
- This space looks ready for entertaining friends and family!
- Ensure that it is clear of all dirty laundry and laundry baskets
- Close all cabinets
- Remove all items from counter tops
- Clean the appliances to ensure they are free of fingerprints, soaps, etc.